Tina Roth Eisenberg, on the Power of Side Projects and Eccentric Aunts
I’m a huge swissmiss fan, and I was thrilled to hear the remarkable story of Tina’s work, life and inspiration in this engaging talk from TYPO San Francisco 2012 Connect. She tells her story of coming to New York city, her struggle in the early days, never giving up and the gradual discovery of her passion through side projects.
She shares her learnings in the form of advice that she shares with her own children:
- Find what you love - Don’t stop until you find it.
- Don’t be a complainer - Instead make things better.
- Trust your intuition - Your gut is always right.
- If an opportunity scares you, take it - Being scared means you’ll learn and grow.
- Find and connect with like-minded people - Make sure they’re a respectful and good bunch.
- Collaborate - Only good will come of it.
- Ignore haters - They deserve none of your time.
- Inspire others.
Lastly, a quote shared in her talk—
“If you can learn to be a fair judge of yourself, you won’t feel the need to rely on other people’s opinions.” - Chris Shiflett
Find the talk here.